Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Terrific Marketing Advice


Can a writer ever have too many friends or get too much marketing advice? I'm giving this award to Market My Words, because I've been reading this blog for quite a while now, and Shelli always has unique words of wisdom on how to call attention to your book.

She interviews editors, publicists, agents, publishers, marketers, and best-selling authors. All of them give tips on getting publicity for your book. Best of all, Shelli's part of a larger circle of friends that gave me my first writing gig, that introduced me to my fabulous crit group, that cheered me on when I made my first sales, and that is one of the best networks I know for children's writers--SCBWI, the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators.

2 comments:

Jon Sprunk said...

Great tip, Laurie. I'll be following this blog now.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

thsi was so sweet and i never thanked you properly :( I blogged about you today! better late than never!