Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tomorrow’s Release Day for The Duende and the Muse!

By Cate Masters
Hello, I’m Cate Masters. I write women’s fiction, urban fantasy, romance, historical and speculative, in every length from flash to novels. Tomorrow, I’m celebrating the release of my short Faery (fantasy) story from The Wild Rose Press. I’ll be giving away a PDF copy to a random commenter on my blog. Just share something about your muse – or duende, as the case may be. Does inspiration light upon you like a butterfly? Or strike like a bolt of lightning, sizzling along your nerve endings, burning your fingertips until they’re forced to pound it out on paper or a keyboard? Sometimes the best stories come out like that, jumping from our head to the page almost fully formed. The Duende and The Muse was a little of both. It started as a lightning strike, and I tweaked it a bit later, after it had cooled off a bit.
The Duende and the Muse is my second release with The Wild Rose Press. I’m one of the authors participating in their Sony eReader contest, so if you buy either The Duende and the Muse or Seventh Heaven, my Vintage (Sixties-era) story, you can enter The Wild Rose Press’ contest to win a Sony eReader. Details are here.

Here’s the trailer for The Duende and The Muse:


Soon I'll have more releases with Wild Child Publishing, Eternal Press and Shadowfire Press - stay tuned!

Cate Masters’ novellas, short stories and flash fiction appear at various web zines and press sites. Visit her online at www.catemasters.com/ or www.catemasters.blogspot.com.

No comments: